Leucorrhoea is commonly known as “white discharge.” Ayurveda refers leucorrhoea to Shwetapradara. This word means excessive white discharge. It is believed to be caused by aggravation or vitiation of kapha dosha. This commonly occurs in patients who are weak, emaciated, and anaemic. Most women experience a certain amount of vaginal secretion, which is the body’s natural way of cleansing, lubrication, and guarding the vagina against infections. Leucorrhoea is not a disease but a symptom of so many diseases like kaphaj yonivyapad, Tridoshaj and Upapluta yonivyapad etc.
- Maintain good health, take proper rest, and do stress reduction exercises regularly, as these increase your resistance to infection.
- Avoid fried, hot, and spicy foods, pickles, maida, and its products. Cut down on sugar, fermented foods, mushrooms, pastries, sweets, cheese, puddings and alcohol. Take plenty of fresh curds.
- Keep your vaginal area clean by washing it 1-2 times daily with plenty of water. Pat dry afterwards, using your own towels.
- Always wipe your anus after defecation from the front to back, to prevent infection from stools entering your vagina.
- Do not use nylon panties. Wear clean cotton panties and change out of wet clothes promptly.
- During your periods, use a clean cotton cloth or pads instead of tampons, especially at night.
- Both you and your partner should wash hands and genitals before and after intercourse.
- You must ensure that your sexual partner is free of any infection. Use a condom to provide added protection.
- Keep your blood sugar always under control.
- Boil horse-gram in water and take the supernatant fluid daily.
- Shelled tamarind seeds, macerated in milk is very efficacious in leucorrhoea.
- Washing and cleaning of the vagina and internal parts with Spatika (alum) water will be very effective.
- Regular douching of the genital tract with a decoction of the barks of banyan and fig trees is very useful in leucorrhoea.
As we all are genetically different with different constitutions and patterns, we respond to treatments in many different ways. Hence Standard Ayurvedic Treatments are always individually formulated. For specific treatment, consult with a qualified Ayurvedic physician Dr. Azad.
To get an appointment with Dr. Azad Beg, an Ayurveda therapist, Pick up your phone and call now || Or Visit our Clinic in your cities or nearby:
Dr.Azad Clinic Pvt Ltd || best Ayurveda Immune System disease treatment || best Ayurveda certified therapist
A well educated staff and Ayurveda doctor in Agra, Jaipur, Mathura, Muraina(M.P.) Gwalior, Sagar (M.P.), Jhansi, Bhopal.